The first of its kind in Regina, RHS is going out on a limb and offering a Human-Only Course: Dog Nerd, Games for the Human End of the Leash! Open to students from all walks of life, with or without dogs, come join us for 5 weeks of geeky dog-learning. Through a variety of games, learn how dogs (and their handlers!) learn together.
Students will teach other students and find out just how strong their teaching skills may be and where learning breakdowns may be occurring.
We’ll cover topics such as breaking down the language barrier, creating strong cues, shaping behaviors, refining behaviors, finding motivation, the effects of stress on the brain, dealing with miscommunication, creating connection, thinking on the move, chaining behaviors together and more!
This class is suitable to handlers at all levels, and all disciplines. It is also suitable for anyone who is a self-proclaimed dog nerd (or who’d like to become one)!
This class will be of especially great interest to students who:
- Want to Focus on Bettering their End of the Leash
- Anyone who teaches a dog -theirs or a students- any behavior
- Students who want to learn more about the learning process, including the effects of stress on learning (those with reactive dogs will highly benefit)
- Students whose dogs have a hard time in a traditional setting but want to grow their own skills
- Anyone who simply wants to learn a great deal about dog learning
Please note that unlike a traditional class where many family members may attend with their dog, Dog Nerd is enrollment by single person. Multiple members of the same family may attend, but each must enroll.
Enrollment is limited to eight students.
Dog Nerd: Games for the Human End of the Leash
The Hydeout Dog Training Center, Osler Street, Regina, SK, Canada
|Saturday January 25, 2020||1:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||Lesson 1|
|Saturday February 1, 2020||1:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||Lesson 2|
|Saturday February 8, 2020||1:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||Lesson 3|
|Saturday February 15, 2020||1:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||Lesson 4|
|Saturday February 22, 2020||1:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||Lesson 5|