Nose Dive is our new once-a-semester Nosework workshop night, where we dive deep into a specific topic in Nosework Training.
Part lecture and part exercises, you may join as a participant with a dog, or audit the material. Dogs will be crated out of the vehicle for this workshop.
Dogs will work 3 different exercises, which can be modified for their ability. The main room will be divided into two stations, with a dog working in each. We recommend dogs who have trouble with this set-up, only audit. Maximum of six working dogs.
This semester’s topic: Distractors!
- How to start a sniff and dismiss protocol.
- What happens if the dog alerts on food or other distractors?
- Observing body language differences between distractors and target odor
- Building confidence in target odor, in the presence of distraction
- One at a time distraction building versus flooding the distractions
- At Home Set-Ups
|Tuesday April 30, 2024
|6:00 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.
|Level Up Leash Skills